Back in the shop

It feels like such a long time since I last had on my work clothes. First I've had this pain in my back, which has been pretty disabling. Then certain machines and tools needed repair and maintenance. Then there was the trip to Japan, and then the cold.... There has been a long period now with average temperatures of -15 c. and my electric heating can't make the workshop comfortable in such conditions. Today the temperature was only -5 and I got started on a few practical work projects.. finally!


This beautiful Ixyaq is right now being tailor made for a customer. I finished the hull and started working on the deck.


...and found this little plane that i bought in Japan to be the perfect tool for trimming the stringers that form the hull to perfect shape!


This is a qajaq I built years ago. I started removing the old canvas. This is so tough work. The plan is to re-skin it for the owner, and make a fancy new sea sock "Klepper" style.


Skin came off nicely and it seems the frame doesn't need any kind of repair.


My new refrigerator magnet "Maneki-neko" along a message from my Italian friend. They fit nicely together. The text says "Don't forget to be happy". I'll try to keep that in mind :)


Popular Posts