Finally back on the water!

It has been some time without paddling. Winter came very early this year, starting 2-3 weeks ago. We have had temperatures below -10 degrees, and there is 20-30 cm. of snow everywhere. The downhill skiing centre in Kongsberg just opened, and the smaller inland waters are starting to freeze! I'm not that happy.....

This somehow cools my will to go paddling.


Today I had a nice short trip in the morning. It felt really good to be back in the baidarka.

Recently I have been working with paddles and some kayak building jobs. I have made a new formula of paddle oil finish, and feel that I have really done a lot. Improvement for my zipper sea sock is on its way. I have got hold of some materials, and will write something about it when I have done a few test projects.

Now I'm planning a small vacation in Denmark in December, so that I can paddle more. Its a bit warmer down there!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts