Museum visit Poland

My good friend Alex recently went to Poland for a short vacation. He visited the Polish Maritime museum in Gdansk and sent me a few pictures. All showed the museum collection "boats of the world", but mainly one object - a Greenland style skin kayak.


They did a really nice job displaying this kayak and it's hunting equipment.



..I still remember how sore my hands were after sewing all that thick seal skin together back in year 1999 or so. And I remember the smell in my workshop. Still have some bits of that seal skin lying around.


This was a hard and frustrating job, and I learned a lot from it. I got the biggest respect for Greenlandic women and their sewing skills. A real eye-opener it was!



Alex posing with "my" kayak - Thanks for the pictures, Alex :).




Popular Posts