First day in the shop


Happy new year everyone!

The workyear at Kajakkspesialisten already started a few days ago. I did my accounting and started working on my new website/webshop. All really cool and positive. Now today was first day in the workshop doing "real" work :)


I couldn't resist putting up this Maneki-neko in my shop window. I'm not really sure what it means, but I suppose it has to do with good luck, happiness etc. that I want to make happen. I got if from my mom for Christmas.


Next task was making Aleut paddle for a guy from German. It was a regular Aleut style paddle with a few special measures. All spruce - solid and feather light for it's size. I also carried some huge ash timber inside the shop, cut it up and turned it into cockpits and kayak hatches. These are meant for use in the kayak building classes later this year.





On my wish list for this year was "try to get out more video on my blog of all the interesting jobs I do all the time. Check! I did a few takes of the paddle making and wood bending, and posted it on Vimeo immediately. Not a piece of fine art, but live pictures of what's going on in the shop in the moment. I hope you'll enjoy it, and that I will be able to keep videoing and posting. 

I wish everyone a great year. Hope you enjoy the blog, and our great products.


Popular Posts