New blog

How I love when things turn normal after a holiday. New Year, work wise, means counting all my materials and web shop items, cleaning the workshop and organizing one year’s invoices.
When I planned my great expedition this (last) year, I was uncertain how the economy of my business would be. It turned out normal, even though the year in many other aspects has been abnormal. I’m very thankful about this, and it really gives me the courage to start planning some other adventure. I guess I will do the same trip over again within a few years….
Just before Christmas, Pål Zimmermann came by and gave me some crooked tree trunks. I have cut them on my band saw, and they will make great masiks, or deck beams, in the 2012 kayaks….


I really feel privileged to be able to feel such joy, just by working on a beautiful piece of wood. And to be able to call it work is nearly like winning in a lottery!
It made me think of this little video from the stone age of the internet:
At the end of the week 8 people will meet in my workshop to build a baidarka, or ixiaq each. Lots of work still needs to be done, cutting all the wood, bending the cockpit coamings, looking over the tools and so on….

Comments

Popular Posts