Spring activity

It has indeed been a very long winter. I always get impatient at this time of the year. I check the ice edge on the lake regularly with binoculars and occasionally take a paddle out there just to check how long it is till the ice will be gone for this time. Now Ice seems to be gone for good, and I've taken out my new racing SOF Iqyax SUP...


Currently building yet another Greenland style kayak for a Norwegian customer, and meanwhile preparing cockpit coamings for next week's kayak building class. There will be students from Norway, Sweden and France attending this time.


Yesterday I had the rare pleasure of paddling and rolling with my youngest son, Åsmund. He thought he would start practicing rolls again, and he is planning to compeed in the Norwegian championship this summer. Last year he took a 2. place among all (first place among juniors) with nothing but 3 days practice. The kid is a natural!


Got my own new Iqyax tested as well. with a beam of only 45 cm. it is incredible stable (and fast of course). Great thing about a tiny kayak like this is that I don't need any padding to do advanced rolls. It's so tight to get into. 


This paddle is my current favorite for speed paddling :)!



Popular Posts